It's easy to take modern indoor heating and cooling systems for granted. But the reality is that these units keep us comfortable and happy all year long..
The most important part of preparing your home's cooling system for warm weather may be selecting a qualified contractor who is trained to maintain, repair and/or replace the components of your system.
To help you select a dealer who is certified in Heating and Air Conditioning, and who can professionally service your cooling system, the experts at Legacy Heating and Cooling have these suggestions for you:
• Educate yourself about HVAC systems. You can find this information in online resources and dealer and manufacturer websites. Understanding the basics can help you when interviewing a potential contractor.
• Ask friends, co-workers, real estate agents and home improvement specialists for recommendations. Advertisements can also direct you to a contractor.
• Ask to see provincial and local licenses, certification for refrigerant handling, and proof of liability and worker's compensation insurance. Be certain these documents apply to the contractor, as well as any technicians or subcontractors the contractor employs.
• Research the range of services a contractor offers. Does the list include scheduled maintenance, repairs and 24-hour service?
• Consider the number of years a contractor has been in business. In many cases, a reputation for quality, reliability and dependability grows with the length of service to a community.
• Ask for and check references. Consider them in conjunction with other information you have gathered in your research.
A good HVAC contractor will visit your home to conduct an on-site inspection and ask questions about your cooling needs and concerns before making any equipment or service recommendations.
With over 20 years of HVAC experience, Legacy Heating and Cooling should be your first call for air conditioning repair and installation. We pride ourselves in our technical expertise, professional integrity and commitment to your comfort. Give us a call today!
Legacy only uses the most efficient and cost-effective HVAC products.
We pride ourselves on putting quality and customers first!